We started planting banana as our business. Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world for good reason. After 2 years it started to bear fruits. Buying and selling become our business we bought bananas from farmers of near barangays.
How to Make Our Banana Chips
- Peel the bananas. Place in slightly salted iced water for 10 minutes (note that salt will melt the cubes faster but it’ll stay cold).
- Slice the bananas thinly. Keep them as evenly sized as possible.
- Arrange the banana slices on a wire rack. Leave to dry slightly, to remove moisture.
- Heat the oil. Add the banana slices in small batches and fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to add and retrieve the slices.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper towels.
- Make the sugar syrup. Add the two sugars, water to a heavy based saucepan. Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves and thickens into a syrup. Turn off the heat source.
- Dip the fried bananas into the sugar syrup. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange on a wire rack covered in parchment paper. Let cool and set.
- Serve or store. Place in an airtight container for storage.
Health Benefits of Bananas:
- Bananas are rich in potassium and fiber.
- They may help prevent asthma, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and digestive problems.