Started planting Robusta Coffee as other sources of income because it takes less time to bear fruit, can be grown in lower altitudes. Produces higher yields, and harvested between December and February. The Robusta plant is shallow rooted and grows into a shrub that flowers irregularly. It takes 10-11 months for cherries to ripen and produce oval-shaped Robusta seeds or beans.
High caffeine in coffee is known to provide the following health benefits:
- Lower fatigue and tension headaches
- Prevent and slow down cell damage, reducing chances of cancer
- Protect against health conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Diseases.
- Gallbladder stones
- Boost memory and concentration.
- Promote weight loss.
How to Make a Cup of Hot Robusta Coffee
- Heat water and allow it to cool for a minute
- Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of instant coffee ( 5 – 10 gm) per cup
(alter to suit your taste and preference)
- Add sugar and milk (or cream) to taste
- Stir, consume and enjoy
How to Store?
The quality of the brew also depends on how you store it. Coffee gets easily ruined by air, light, heat and moisture.
To preserve its flavor, always store your Robusta coffee:
- In containers that are airtight
- In a dark and cool place
- At room temperature